Monday, February 8, 2010

Done with the Katrina shit

Okay, they won, the Who Dat nation won, their team, the Saints won. They, The Saints, planned hard, they executed a very well thought out game plan, they got the best of The Greatest QB of all time on the grandest stage, by the way 106+ MILLION people watched that game, nice.

But my NFL team, my guys, my team I root for, is the Indianapolis Colts... I watched my team lose and it hurt... I kinda watched as my team lost... I was goaded into changing a baby diaper on my lilest B, Bug. My wife whom I love isn't a psycho football fan. Oh, she was wearing her Colts shirt, in fact all my kids had their gear on, hats shirts Jersey's! But she's not a real fan. She just watches because I'm teh fan. But we watched the game at my mother-in-law's house. I love her, she's a great person and I'm lucky to have a great Mom n law, she made food as she does very well, always yummy. But her daughter, my wife is not a kitchen savy gal. I made a Taco Salad-ish dish I make, called Junk. It's my dad's recipe and it's a good one. I had some left over meat and she saw it in a bowl and thought it was the turkey chili she was going to use to make her chili bowls (a very good food), but a alas, it was not. She made the bowls and thought it was her chili instead of ever realizing it was left over mexi-beef... She was uber pissed at me when I told her it was in fact, not her turkey chili... So she's pissed at me and her aunt is sittin in a chair, next to a fire and bouncing Bug on her knee (they were goin' to town!) All of a sudden she smells poop and yells at Paige to come change the diaper. She said get me to do it and w/o trying to be a jerk, I was already gettin up (I change diapers all the time, no biggie) I was gonna do it. But people were eating and not wanting to change a shat diaper in the living room and effecting appetites, I changed her in the next room over. But I get her on the floor, the game was close still, Indy was down 7 and driving, it was gonna be a good game. I drop down and remove the shoes and pants, I get the diaper undone, and Manning throws a pick 6!....I missed it all! I came back in the room and we're down 14.... WTF! Did the game get rewound? Nope, did I get to see it happen, nope.... Did any of that make me feel better... nope, all because of the diaper....

Now onto my main point and I'll try to keep it short...

Katrina happened, 4 and a half YEARS AGO! The town isn't 100% back to what it was, but what it was was a shit hole. I desolate pile of underwater crap! It is/was a cess pool of debauchery... The French Quarter and Bourbon St. in particular is known for being that street you probably shouldn't take your daughter-mother-grandmother- young son anyone with strict religious values, the list can go on, mine won't, if you weren't or aren't in a fraternity or in a "friend's w/ beni's relationship," don't take 'em down there. At least this is what I've been told, NO is one of the few places in the country I have not been to myself. But this is exactly the impression I've been given from everyone I've ever met that has been there. I personally think, it's right up my alley, I'd love to go!

My point of this is not to beat up the city of NO. But to beg them to take the opportunity that it has right now. While the WORLD is watching, with a positive intrest and a glowing light. Make New Orleans... NEW Orleans! Or literally change the name of teh city to Naw'lins. Do something dramatic. In sports, a change of scenery can

No comments:

Post a Comment